My top tips for launching social media tools on a corporate intranet:
- focus on value not risk
- start small and build slowly – let users dictate direction and speed
- let users try stuff as early as possible – warts and all – succeed or fail quickly and cheaply!
- engage policy makers as early as possible (legal/security/HR etc.) – emphasise evolution not revolution
- have realistic expectations – the intranet is not the internet
- harness the enthusiasm of the enthusiastic – especially if they are senior or influential!